Text courtesy of the North Dakota University System.
NDSU Libraries is looking for a Director, Research & Engagement to provide leadership for the Libraries' subject and functional librarians, and library staff encompassing and supporting the area mentioned above. Staff in this area have direct responsibility in collection development, resource materials, information delivery, and liaison activities as well as reference, research, instruction, emerging technologies, and data sciences. This includes creating an innovative, positive, respectful, collegial, team-focused and inclusive environment. The Director is responsible for developing creative work plans, policies, and procedures and includes recruiting, hiring, supervising personnel and coordinating student workers; coordinating budgets; ensuring and providing excellent services and programming. This individual will work directly with the Director of information Services & Systems, and the Dean of Libraries as part of the Library Leadership Team.
- Accredited ALA or international equivalent MLS, MLIS, MA, MSIS or MS; ALA-accredited Masters in Library Science
- At least 3 years' experience in management/supervisory experience in progressively responsible positions within academic/public libraries, including at least 3 years as unit/department head or equivalent. Areas of previous experience should include one or more of the following: research/instruction, reference, subject/liaison, emerging technologies, data sciences including visualization and digital fabrication.
- Experience working in a library or research setting with a track record of progressively responsible experience, including taking on new challenges, demonstrating a growth mindset, and leading others.
- Knowledge of current trends and challenges facing researchers, research libraries, and higher education.
- At least 3 years of academic library experience including responsibilities in supervision and/or management of library services or equivalent related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students to engage, provide support to, teach, and motivate students.
- Demonstrated commitment to the library as an academic support unit.
- Demonstrated ability to create a library environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
Applicant Materials Required
- Cover Letter
For more information, and to apply, visit the job post on the North Dakota University System's Careers website.