The Democracy for the People Act has been signed into law. This law brings significant changes to expand access to elections for Minnesota voters, including:
- Automatic voter registration
- Pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds
- A permanent absentee ballot list
The implementation date for Restore the Vote is June 1. Please help us share this exciting information with your communities. You can do this in two ways:
- Register for one of our Legislative Recap Lunch & Learns. Our Government Relations Director, Nicole Freeman, will walk you through all of these changes – and more. Secretary Simon will also make an appearance. Registration is now open for the first event on June 7 and the second on June 21.
- Send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your own Legislative Recap 101. These 101s can be tailored to your community to focus on the laws that will most impact those you serve.
These new laws remove barriers to voting and strengthen our democracy. It’s important we let Minnesota voters know of these changes. Your partnership in this makes all the difference.