The MN+ Digital Collections Conference (#mnplus22) and the Minnesota Digital Library Annual Meeting (#mndiglib2022) will be held jointly October 17-18, 2022. This year it will be a hybrid in-person and virtual event, with the in-person portion held in Saint Paul at the Union Depot.
Call for Proposals
You can help make this a great conference! Consider sharing your experience and expertise by submitting a program proposal. The planning committee has created a list of potential topics, but proposals on any topics relevant to digital collections are welcome. The deadline to submit proposals is August 18, 2022.
- Adding Traditional Knowledge Labels to digital collections
- Wikidata and digital library projects
- Digital genealogy work
- GIS mapping tools
- Web archiving (e.g. Internet Archive Community Webs program)
- UX (user experience) in digital collections
- Using discovery tools and applications to reveal hidden collections
- Minnesota Digital Library (MDL) issues and initiatives
- Incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into digital collections workflows
- Platforms for digital cultural heritage storytelling
- Balancing new digital initiatives while maintaining core services
- Digital content migration and preservation
- Best practices for managing challenges to collections and content
When you submit a proposal, you will be asked to indicate:
- Type of session (solo presenter, group/panel, round table discussion, or other)
- Connection to suggested topics (if applicable)
- Title and description
- Learning objectives and audience engagement
- Preference for presenting on the in-person day, or virtual day of the conference
- Presenter contact information and co-presenter details (if applicable)
Vendors may also submit proposals, but we ask that it be in partnership with a library or cultural heritage organization to discuss projects and initiatives.
We plan a diverse conference appealing to anyone working with digital collections at all types of cultural heritage organizations, and strongly encourage presenters from all backgrounds, staff/student roles, and organizations to submit proposals. The planning committee will review and rank submissions based on the quality of the written proposal, knowledge about the topic submitted, planned objectives and audience engagement, and how the proposal relates to the goals of the conference and suggested topics.
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to hearing from you!
More About the MN+ Digital Collections Conference
The MN+ Digital Collections Conference (MN+DCC) grew out of the long-standing Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference (UMDCC). As in 2020, the 2022 conference includes the Minnesota Digital Library annual meeting. MN+DCC provides opportunities for digital collections creators and curators in the region and beyond to network, share best practices, participate in hands-on workshops, and learn from leaders in digital cultural heritage. Minitex staff, along with a regional planning committee, are the primary organizers of the MN+ Digital Collections Conference.
More About the Minnesota Digital Library
The Minnesota Digital Library (MDL) supports discovery and education through access to unique digital collections shared by cultural heritage organizations from across the state of Minnesota. Our contributors include over 200 libraries, historical societies, museums, and archives. Each year, MDL offers a conference at which MDL participants, partners, and interested professionals gather to learn about the MDL, what the collaborative is currently doing, and to attend sessions on a variety of topics such as best practices (scanning, preservation, metadata), teaching approaches, sharing MDL projects, technical skills, and more.