Text courtesy of GLAM.
Employer Registration is now OPEN for the 2024 GLAM Virtual Career Jam, to be held Friday, February 23, 2024, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CT.
GLAM presents a unique opportunity for students and alumni hailing from 15 of the most prestigious library programs in the United States to engage with recruiters from leading employers and professional organizations. If you're seeking exceptional talent to fill internships, practica, or full-time positions, or if you wish to enhance your organization's visibility, this event offers you the chance to connect with students and alumni representing schools recognized as the best in Library and Information Studies Programs by US News & World Report. All of this, conveniently in just one day.
GLAM 2023 by the numbers: 180+ students; 124 Information sessions; 38 recruiting organizations; 12 schools, 5 career panels. With more schools and more students, we expect this year will be even bigger.
How Does GLAM Work?
All events are hosted virtually through Zoom and/or Handshake.
- February 23: 1:1 Meetings - Employers offer 10-minute one-on-one chats. Organizations indicate team members roles in their name so students sign up to meet with "Alyssa the Archivist" or "Carl, Cataloging." These can be focused on recruiting or networking, your choice.
- February 23: Information Sessions - Employers offer 30-minute group sessions. We recommend using Zoom to host these sessions where your team can offer sessions on a variety of topics throughout the day. We recommened offering each session at least twice.
- Throughout February - GLAM employers participate in career development panels on the following topics. Register before November 28 to nominate your team for a panel.
- 2/5 Alternative Career Paths for Librarians
- 2/7 Government Careers for Librarians
- 2/9 Careers in Archives
- 2/13 Careers in Special Libraries
- 2/15 Careers in Academia
- 2/16 Careers in Public Libraries
View the November 7th Intro to GLAM video with partner schools University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and University of Washington Seattle to see:
- What the event looks like from the student and employer perspectives
- What employers need to do on the backend to make the event work
- Tips on how to ensure a successful event, based on student feedback from previous years
If you're new to virtual recruiting, you may wish to view the Virtual Fairs Demo for Employers.
Early Bird Pricing (Register November 1-28)
- $25 for Higher Education, Public, Museum, and Nonprofit Organizations
- $50 for Government Organizations
- $100 for Corporate Organizations
Standard Pricing (Register November 29-January 30)
- $50 for Higher Education, Public, Museum, and Nonprofit Organizations
- $75 for Government Organizations
- $150 for Corporate Organizations
GLAM Chair Michele Plante is happy to help.