Text courtesy of the University of Minnesota.
The Program/Project Specialist:
- Coordinates the hiring, training, performance evaluation, and determination of work assignments for students and temporary employees. (50%)
- Actively participates in project planning, problem analysis, and solution development for all digital projects undertaken by the department. (25%)
- Scans and manipulates digital images, tracks work progress according to departmental policies and procedures. (5%)
- Works with our trusted outside vendors on all the audio/video conversion. (5%)
- Serves as the business administrator for the unit. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
The Cataloging, Metadata, and Digitization Services (CMD) department supports the University’s mission of learning, research and outreach activities by providing well-aligned, highly functional, and distinctive information, digitization, and discovery services for use by the University and, whenever possible, the global community (e.g., HathiTrust, OCLC, Google, Digital Public Library of America.) This department is composed of two units, Cataloging & Metadata and Digital Library Services, each of which support the strategic goals of the Libraries and University community.
For more information and to apply, visit the University of Minnesota's jobs site and search for Job Posting ID #353463.