This job post has been closed. Thank you for your interest.
Minitex is hiring a part-time (50%) Library Assistant 2 for the Referral Processing Area of our Resource Sharing Services.
- Two years of college coursework and/or relevant library experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and complete assigned tasks by deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of good work attendance.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to adapt and integrate changes to work procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and proven ability to work as part of a team.
About the Job
Responsible for the daily operation for processing referral materials in Minitex Resource Sharing. 90%
- Serve as shift lead for students in the Referral Processing area in the absence of the Library Assistant 3 or manager.
- Process incoming referral materials, ensuring all tasks are completed in the same shift.
- Process returned materials, ensuring all materials are completed in the same shift.
- Monitor daily workflow and make appropriate adjustments to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all Interlibrary Loan systems used in Resource Sharing.
- Determine appropriate handling of misrouted and or incorrect materials received via delivery.
- Identify and solve problems as they develop in the material handling process.
- Train and provide oversight of student staff.
- Monitor daily workflow of student staff, communicate any changes regarding processing of materials.
- Work closely with Minitex Delivery Unit staff to ensure seamless processing procedures benefiting both units.
- Work closely with other Library Assistant 2's and Library Manager in Referral Processing area to ensure all work processes are efficient.
- Participate in unit meetings with an emphasis towards better communication and efficient processing.
Enhance the overall effectiveness of Resource Sharing and Minitex services. 10%
- Participate actively and positively in meetings that involve work processes, Resource Sharing staff and/or the entire Minitex staff.
- Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers in Resource Sharing, Minitex staff and Minitex participants.
- Participate actively & positively in meetings that involve Resource Sharing and/or Minitex staff using appropriate communication methods.
- Attend workshops and conferences as appropriate, share information learned with other Minitex staff using appropriate communication methods.
- Work closely with supervisor and co-workers in Resource Sharing to insure high level of efficiency and quality of processes. Provide assistance when appropriate to other Library Assistants.
- Manage and plan for improvements in service with a view toward Resource Sharing as a cohesive work area, attend and participate in meetings.
- Promote good customer service to staff throughout Resource Sharing.
- Work with various groups and task teams that focus on office-wide or organizational concerns, as appropriate.
Minitex is a publicly supported network of libraries working cooperatively to improve library service. Resource Sharing is a service in which Minitex participants transmit loan and photocopy requests to the central office. The Minitex staff locates and retrieves needed materials and sends them to the requesting library.
Service Area Overview:
Resource Sharing Services is an area in which Minitex participants submit requests for returnable and non-returnable materials to the Minitex central office located at the University of Minnesota Libraries - Twin Cities. Staff use physical and electronic resources from the University Libraries, as well as from libraries in the Minitex region, to fill requests. Staff participate in outreach to interlibrary loan staff at libraries in the Minitex region to provide leadership, expertise, and instruction for resource sharing functions. Resource Sharing staff continuously adapt workflow to incorporate new and emerging technology to ensure quick and accurate service.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please go to the University of Minnesota employment website and search for the position with the Job ID 342318. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).