Text courtesy of Sheila Hatchell, Library Director, MnDOT Library
MnDOT Library of the Minnesota Department of Transportation seeks applicants for the position of Library Technician. This is a full-time position located in the Transportation Building near the state Capitol. You will be joining an experienced team collaborating in a challenging and rewarding environment, dedicated to high-quality customer service and innovative thinking. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30 pm, with salary starting at $37,918.
This position works primarily with the collections in the following areas:
- Managing, maintaining and creative problem-solving the library’s current periodical and newspaper subscriptions;
- Maintaining client databases/distributions lists using MS Excel;
- Performing circulation services (loans, returns, shelving, routing, resolving circulation issues);
- Performing interlibrary loans using OCLC and the PALS (Ex Libris Alma/Primo) systems;
- Performing reference services and cataloging support; and
- Assisting in the creation of the agency’s digital library.
Review required qualifications and apply on the Minnesota Careers website. Applications must be received by June 21, 2021.