PressbooksEDU is a book production software that enables the creation and distribution of open educational resources. While Minitex offers a version of Pressbooks for use by library users in the state of Minnesota, purchasing an institutional PressbooksEDU network gives access to educational features, institutional branding, ongoing training for users across your institution, and premium support for network managers. A PressbooksEDU network allows you to:
- Showcase and distribute the collection of open textbooks and other resources your institution creates on an OER platform and catalog branded to your university or college
- Create textbooks and course materials that can be made available for free online to students
- Produce open textbooks in many digital formats and in print
- Make engaging course content that incorporates embedded media, interactive content like H5P quizzes, and more
- Clone any openly licensed public webbook from another Pressbooks network directly into your own network to adapt, remix, and redistribute it
- Benefit from reliable network performance and security
Minnesotans can try the freely available version. For a demo of the education features available in PressbooksEDU, contact email@example.com.
Libraries in the Minitex region (Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota) will receive a discount of 30% off the annual subscription plan for PressbooksEDU Silver system. If you wish for greater integration with campus systems, Pressbooks has FTE-based pricing for LTI-connection to an LMS. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
License Agreements (Terms & Conditions)
Purchasing institutions will sign a license with Pressbooks. Contact email@example.com to review a sample agreement.
How to Order or Renew
To order, please contact Minitex and firstname.lastname@example.org.
General help and support is available at PressbooksEDU and by emailing email@example.com, and PressbooksEDU clients' network managers get a direct email to a premium support channel.
All PressbooksEDU networks can be connected to your institution's Google Analytics account.
Cooperative Purchasing & Electronic Resources Services (CPERS)
Wilson Library, Room 60
309 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Toll Free: 800-462-5348
Director of Sales and Marketing