- Took place Jan 25 – Jan 27, 2022
The Electronic Resources Minnesota (ERMN) Conference will be held virtually January 26-27, 2022. The conference will take place through Zoom. There will be a 2 and 1/2 hour pre-conference workshop -- Library Carpentry: Tidy Data for Librarians -- held the afternoon of January 25, 2022.
ERMN is a regional conference that provides opportunities for those who acquire and manage e-resources to network, share best practices, participate in workshops, and learn from fellow e-resources staff.
Minitex is the organizer of this conference in collaboration with the University of Minnesota Libraries. If you have questions, please contact the organizing committee at email@example.com .
Registration will open the first week of December 2021. The conference registration fee will be $15. The pre-conference workshop registration fee will be $10. Registration fees are payable only by credit card.
The schedule will be released in early December 2021.
- Trisha Burr, St. Catherine University
- Sunshine Carter, University of Minnesota Libraries
- Anne Hatinen, Minitex
- Ann Kaste, Minitex
- Randi Madisen, Century College
- Stacie Traill, University of Minnesota Libraries
Code of Conduct
ERMN attendees are required to abide by the University of Minnesota Code of Conduct. ERMN seeks a variety of opinions, voices, and perspectives at our conference. We encourage participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation. We strive to create an inclusive and respectful conference experience, inviting diverse perspectives and opinions.
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is closed.
- Proposals were due October 4, 2021.
- All presenters are required to present live during the conference; presenters attending sessions other than their own are required to register for the conference.
- Proposals with multiple presenters may include vendor presenters, but the vendor portion of the presentation should not exceed 50% of the session.
Information about Sessions
Each session will be 50 minutes in length and will include time for questions.
- Full Sessions: 40-minute lecture or workshop conference presentations.
- Half Sessions: 20-minute talks. Two short talks are grouped into a single session.
- Panel Discussion Sessions: 50-minute sessions offering participants a more in-depth opportunity to learn about an e-resource related topic or issue through a facilitated discussion involving multiple presenters
Proposal Submission Criteria
Proposals must include a title, description (250 words), 2-3 brief learning objectives, session type (full, half, or panel) and the names of all presenters.
The ERMN Conference Planning Committee is looking for sessions that appeal to those interested in or working with e-resources in all types of libraries. Tell us about your current projects, past successes (or challenges), experiments, ideas, or creative solutions related to e-resources. Topics might include (but are not limited to):
- Troubleshooting & maintenance
- Cataloging & metadata
- Link resolvers
- Collection development
- Open access & open educational resources (OER)
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, & accessibility
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Session proposals will be evaluated for acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Potential interest/relevance of topic to staff managing and acquiring e-resources in libraries
- Currency of topic
- Appeal to diverse library audiences (public, school, special, academic, etc.)
- Quality of written proposal
Proposal submitters will be notified in October whether their proposal was accepted.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.