Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH)
- Library of Congress Authorities
Site for browsing authority headings for Subject, Name, Title, and Name/Title combinations and downloading authority records in MARC format for use in a local library system.
- Library of Congress Linked Data Service
The Library of Congress Linked Data Service provides both interactive and machine access to commonly used ontologies, controlled vocabularies, and other lists for bibliographic description. The Linked Data version of the Authorities search.
- Free-Floating Subdivisions: An Alphabetical Index. 23rd ed. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, Cataloging Distribution Service, 2011.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings. 32nd ed. 6 vols. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, Cataloging Distribution Service, 2010.
- Subject Headings Manual. 2008 ed. 4 vols. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, Cataloging Policy and Support Office, 2008–
- Supplementary Vocabularies: Free-Floating Subdivisions, Genre/Form Headings, Children's Subject Headings. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, Cataloging Distribution Service, 2009–
Faceted Application of Subject Terminology (FAST)
FAST (Faceted Application of Subject Terminology) is a project based on Library of Congress Subject Headings and developed in collaboration between OCLC Research and the Library of Congress. The main idea is to retain the richness of LCSH while simplifying its use.
- FAST Homepage
Information and background on the development and maintenance of FAST. This page also includes links to presentations and publications about FAST as well as downloadable datasets.
- FAST Search Interface
The searchFAST user interface is an access point for discovery and selection of headings.