- Allen, C. G. A Manual of European Languages for Librarians. 2nd ed. London: Bowker-Saur, 1999.
- Fritz, Deborah A. Cataloging with AACR2 & MARC21: For Books, Electronic Resources, Sound Recordings, Videorecordings, and Serials. 2nd ed., 2006 cumulation. Chicago: American Library Association, 2007.
- Fritz, Deborah A., and Richard John Fritz. MARC21 for Everyone: A Practical Guide. Chicago: American Library Association, 2003.
- Maxwell, Robert. Maxwell’s Handbook for RDA: Explaining and Illustrating RDA. Chicago: American Library Association, 2020.
- Olson, Nancy B., Robert L. Bothmann, and Jessica J. Schomberg. Cataloging of Audiovisual Materials and Other Special Materials: A Manual Based on AACR2 and MARC 21. 5th ed. Westport, Conn.: Libraries Unlimited, 2008.
- ALA Cataloging Resources
Guidelines on cataloging electronic resources, microforms, audiovisual materials, and material for children. Also, some links to cataloging interest groups.
- Cataloger's Desktop
A web-based subscription service that provides access to RDA, AACR2, DACS, Library of Congress Rule Interpretations, subject cataloging manuals, MARC21 formats, MARC code lists, and many other resources.
- Resource Description and Access (RDA) and the RDA Toolkit
The RDA Toolkit is an online suite of cataloging tools. These include the full texts of RDA and AACR2, mappings between cataloging standards, collaborative tools such as workflow summaries, and more.