***This position will close to new applicants on Monday Aug. 30*** Minitex is hiring a full-time Library Assistant 2 for our Resource Sharing Services. The work hours are 7:45am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday, and the salary range is $35,630.40 - $37,086.40, depending on qualifications. The deadline to apply to this position is Monday, August 30.
About the Job
Process requests to verify location and availability (OCLC, MnCat, HCLIB & DTU). 50%
- Verify interlibrary loan (ILL) lending requests for owning locations and availability.
- Utilize the following programs to verify requests: WorldCat, MnCat, and Hennepin County Library catalog (HCLIB).
- Download and print articles to fill ILL requests as appropriate.
- Process copies and perform quality checks on a daily basis to maintain work timeliness and quality standards.
- Handle conditional requests, problem loans and returns, checking items for condition and completeness.
- Monitor daily workflow; communicate procedures and procedural changes to student staff.
- Maintain current written procedures for request processing.
- Process DTU loans using set guidelines and deliver materials to shipping staff with the ILLiad program and Mira.
Process requests for Campus locations & HCO Minneapolis Central area. 40%
- Assign and monitor workflow at various campus libraries to meet Minitex/DTU standards for timeliness and accuracy
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of library resources, including scope of collections, records and circulation policies
- Work with Resource Sharing staff on requests with problem citations as needed
- Retrieve, photocopy, and check out library materials and carry returnables back to Wilson Library at the end of the shift on a daily basis and/or in absence of students to maintain work timeliness and quality standards.
Enhance the overall effectiveness of Resource Sharing and Minitex services. 10%
- Participate actively and positively in meetings that involve the Resource Sharing staff and/or the entire Minitex staff.
- Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers in Resource Sharing, University Library staff, Minitex staff and Minitex participants.
- Attend workshops and conferences as appropriate, share information learned with other Minitex staff using appropriate communication methods.
- Work closely with supervisor and co-workers in Resource Sharing to insure high level of efficiency and quality of processes. Provide assistance when appropriate to other Library Assistants
- Work with various groups and task teams that focus on office-wide or organizational concerns, as appropriate.
- Complete all absences and time reporting on MyU by payroll deadlines.
Two years of college coursework and/or relevant library experience. Must be able to lift and manipulate library materials. Requires the ability to use computers and various types of computer software and web applications.
Preference will be given to candidates, who can demonstrate experience providing good customer service, adapting to procedural changes, working with detail while maintaining high productivity and accuracy. Previous library experience and lead worker or supervisory experience is preferred.
Minitex is a publicly supported network of libraries working cooperatively to improve library service. Resource Sharing is a service in which Minitex participants transmit loan and photocopy requests to the central office. The Minitex staff locates and retrieves needed materials and sends them to the requesting library.
Service Area Overview:
Resource Sharing Services is an area in which Minitex participants submit requests for returnable and non-returnable materials to the Minitex central office located at the University of Minnesota Libraries - Twin Cities. Staff use physical and electronic resources from the University Libraries, as well as from libraries in the Minitex region, to fill requests. Staff participate in outreach to interlibrary loan staff at libraries in the Minitex region to provide leadership, expertise, and instruction for resource sharing functions. Resource Sharing staff continuously adapt workflow to incorporate new and emerging technology to ensure quick and accurate service.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please go to the University of Minnesota employment website and search for the position with the Job ID 342886. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).