The April top ten most requested interlibrary loan titles shared by Tony Melvyn of OCLC has three new titles since last month. Author, Jordan B. Peterson has two titles in the top ten again this month - I may need to check those out!
I’ve already added one of the new titles, “I’ll Be Gone in the Dark,” to my hold list. This is probably one of those books everyone will be talking about. The subject of the book is the “Golden State Killer.” A suspect in these crimes, which took place in California over many years beginning in the 1970’s, was recently apprehended. The author, Michelle McNamara, describes herself as “obsessive” in the subtitle. Sadly, she passed away unexpectedly before this book was published. Luckily for true crime readers, the book was completed by one of Michelle’s researchers and published by her husband, Patton Oswalt. It also contains an introduction by Gillian Flynn.
- 12 Rules for Life: an Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson (303 requests)
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (199 requests)
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: ... by Michelle McNamara* (172 requests)
- Before we were yours: A Novel by Lisa Wingate (170 requests)
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover (145 requests)
- Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief by Jordan B. Peterson (127 requests)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k… by Mark Manson (124 requests)
- The People’s House* by David Pepper (108 requests)
- The Book that Matters Most* by Ann Hood (100 requests)
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World…* by Hans Rosling (98 requests)
*New to the list this month