We wanted to provide a little more detail to Minnesota libraries on changes to eLibrary Minnesota as a result of our recent announcement of intended databases.
Beginning on July 1st, here are the new e-resources that will be available:
- Capstone Pebble Go: Animals and Biographies
- Capstone Pebble Go Next: States and Native American Studies
- EBSCO LearningExpress Library Complete (upgrade from LearningExpress Library)
- EBSCO MasterFile Complete (upgrade from MasterFile Premier)
- EBSCO MAS Complete (upgrade from MAS Ultra)
- ProQuest US Newsstream (reduced from ProQuest Global Newsstream)
Here are current statewide e-resources that will NOT be available beginning on July 1st:
- Gale Academic OneFile Select (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Educator's Reference Complete (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: High School Edition (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Informe Académico (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Leadership and Management (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Science (not renewed)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (not renewed)
- Kids InfoBits (not renewed)
- ProQuest Global Newsstream (reduced to ProQuest US Newsstream)
All other current statewide e-resources from EBSCO, LearningExpress, Britannica, and OCLC, as well as Gale in Context: High School and Gale in Context: Middle School, will continue to be available. Here is the complete list of statewide e-resources for Minnesota starting on July 1, 2020.
We know that not renewing resources will have significant impacts on our libraries, and we did not make this decision lightly. With a flat budget and a broad range of libraries to serve, we had to make difficult decisions. And we are cutting indisputably valuable resources. We are working with vendors affected to offer special pricing to our libraries who want to maintain access to these resources for their students and researchers. Please contact us at email@example.com for pricing.
Temporary access databases
Please remember that the extended access to our trial databases will begin to expire in June. Unless specific dates are listed otherwise, expect access to cease on June 1.
Minitex will continue to provide OCLC FirstSearch/WorldCat Discovery to libraries in the region, as we do currently, to support resource sharing and research efforts. Review of this service has moved to a separate Minitex process.