The Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL) is now hiring a Library Technician. Based in Faribault, this position provides direct customer service to Minnesotans with visual, physical or reading disabilities so they have access to high-quality library services through the MBTBL.
In this role, you will work to ensure that Minnesotans with visual, physical or reading disabilities have access to high quality library services through the Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL) in Faribault, MN. Your duties will include:
- Providing high quality customer service: answer routine telephone, in person and email reference and readers advisory questions from library patrons, readers' advisory online and print tools and other resources, provide technical assistance to library users over the phone and via email.
- Maintaining the library collection including reserving, circulating, renewing and discharging library items, as well as tracking materials in a database;
- Assisting librarians and the library program director in data collection and administrative tasks so that the program operates efficiently.
- Customer Service experience in effectively communicating orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of customers of varied educational levels and backgrounds
- Database administration experience
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Background training, education or experience with providing library services, especially related to serving customers who are blind or have a disability that prevents use of traditional print materials
- Library cataloging experience
Applications are now being accepted through October 12, 2020. To access the job posting and apply online, visit Minnesota's Online Job Application website and search for job opening ID #41838.
If you have questions about this position, contact Kelsey Baumann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-582-8550.