Text courtesy of Stephanie Walker, University of North Dakota
The University of North Dakota's Chester Fritz Library (CFL) welcomes applications for the position of Science Reference, Instruction, & Collections Librarian. CFL, our main campus library, is the largest library in the state of North Dakota and the primary research facility for UND and the Upper Midwest. Centrally located on UND's 550-acre campus, CFL is a hub of activity for students and faculty seeking to meet, research, study, or work with our library staff. Want to know more about the University of North Dakota? Check out our website.
The Grand Forks area has all the big-city amenities you would expect of a university town, including year-round community and campus events and unique local restaurants, without losing any of the small-town friendliness. Situated along the Red River with a scenic Greenway trail system, Grand Forks is a center of activity for the local region with a robust arts and cultural environment. Take in the art at the North Dakota Museum of Art. Catch a show at the Empire Theater, the Fire Hall Theatre, or UND's own Burtness Theater. Find out why Grand Forks is the place to live and work on the Grand Forks Area website.
- Undergraduate degree or coursework in the science, engineering, or technology field
- ALA-accredited Master's Degree.
- Experience supporting research and information needs in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
- One (1) year of professional experience
- Experience with emerging research service trends in science or engineering librarianship.
- Experience with appropriate resources and collection development in academic or research libraries.
- Experience with cutting-edge technologies and their applications in libraries and higher education.
Learn more about the position, download the position description, and apply on the UND Human Resources website. Under "Search Postings," use the keyword "Librarian" to find the specific position, JobID 5692.