SELCO is partnering with Mackin to offer a new school ebook service. Launched in mid-October as an outgrowth of a SELS LSTA project, the service will be open to any school district regardless of whether they use the SELCO Horizon Integrated Library System or an alternative means for library circulation. Highlights of the new service include:
- An Initial K-12 collection of over 1,800 single-use titles will be available to all participating locations
- A three-year initial commitment
- District choice to implement this service district-wide, for a specific building, or a group of students
- Ongoing costs will be borne by participating districts with costs calculated using a base fee and a per-pupil fee
- SELCO is committed to using 100 percent of each district's per-pupil contribution to build the collection
- Future size of the collection is directly dependent upon the number of schools and the student population participating
Please visit the SELCO website's MackinVIA page for more information.