Text courtesy of Jeannie Diggs, Librarian, Riverland Community College
Riverland Community College in Austin, MN is hiring a Library Technician.
Under general supervision, the Library Technician organizes, maintains and delivers library services and provides technical and instructional support to patrons in the use of library resources, including physical and electronic.
- Operate various types of office machines, such as photocopying machines, micro-readers, and micro-computers sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents and prepare reports.
- Train and assign student clerical workers and advise professional library staff sufficient to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds sufficient to determine and respond to their informational needs.
- Complete detail-oriented tasks quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Two or more years of experience with general library standards and procedures, including working and in-depth knowledge of the Library of Congress Classification System and Subject Heading Catalog, OCLC, PALS, Integrated Library Systems, MINITEX, Minnesota State and other library entities.
- Knowledge of ALMA and Primo.
- Higher Education/academic work experience.
- Masters Degree in Library Science, Library Information Systems or related classwork/courses.
Applicants must apply online on the Minnesota State Careers website. Search for Job ID 36601.
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee. Please upload the following information with your application:
- Letter of Interest
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees which can be found on the AFSCME website.
For information on Riverland Community College, go to riverland.edu.