Text courtesy of Lisa Eggebraaten, Research and Access Librarian, Klai Juba Wald Architectural Studies Library and the Business Learning Center
The NDSU Libraries is recruiting to fill a Library Technician position that will split time between the Business Learning Center at Barry Hall in downtown Fargo and the Off-Campus Storage Annex at the West Building on 7th Avenue South. This is a full-time, benefitted, 12-month appointment. At the Business Learning Center, the Library Technician will provide research assistance, circulate materials and equipment, collect usage and patron statistics, and perform collection maintenance activities, including shelving, shifting, and condition assessment. At the Off-Campus Storage Annex, the Library Technician will provide pull and scan service to provide access to materials housed in that facility, assist with the annual inventory of materials, shift collections, and work with subject librarians and Metadata and Cataloging Librarian to move items to and from the facility. This position will also have other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Proven interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and patrons.
- Technological skills, including but not limited to Internet searching, word processing, and database and spreadsheet management, as well as willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Telephone and office equipment skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 1-2 years undergraduate study.
- Customer service experience.
- Library experience with public service and stacks maintenance.
View more information and apply on the NDSU Employment website.
Sceening begins: 09/04/2019