- We seek candidates who have an ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS, or who will have the degree finished by September 1, 2020;
- Prior experience working in an academic library, including reference, instruction and collection development;
- As we are a teaching library, candidates must have demonstrated effectiveness in instruction, especially for undergraduate students;
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends affecting academic libraries; and
- Evidence of a commitment to undergraduate teaching and student advising.
- A second master’s degree is not required for the position, but will be required for the Visiting Assistant Professor rank; and
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential.
To apply, visit the Gustavus employment website and complete the online application. The documents that must be uploaded include the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy;
- Transcripts (scanned copies acceptable); and
- The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and effectiveness).
For full consideration, applications must be received by Friday, March 20, 2020. While applications may be accepted after this date, it is not guaranteed that they will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the search committee.
Gustavus Adolphus College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.