Text courtesy of Michelle Twait, Professor and Academic Librarian, Gustavus Adolphus College
We’re hiring! Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for a full-time Information Desk and Assets Specialist with the Library. This position is 40 hours per week, 48 weeks per year.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a private liberal arts college in Saint Peter, Minn., that prepares over 2,200 undergraduates for lives of leadership, service, and lifelong learning. Fully accredited and known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus hosts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa and is internationally recognized for its annual Nobel Conference.
The Information Desk and Assets Specialist is one of several positions within the library that collectively constitute the Access Services Department. This department provides leadership, management, and day-to-day oversight of all of the library’s primary functions—including identifying, selecting, acquiring, organizing, providing convenient access to, and managing library content and resources, while also providing users with inviting and easy access to collections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate 30+ student employees. Terminates and oversees performance management of the student employees. Serves as a mentor and provide references for graduate school and/or employment.
- Manages complex data transfers during software migrations including all patron data covered for protection of First Amendment Rights.
- Supervises the provision of information for all library users, which includes maintaining and updating user-related database records addressing all questions at the information desk, connecting information-seekers with subject librarians, and training and monitoring student employees, who provide one-on-one assistance to library users.
- Maintains current database needs of all circulation required functions of the library.
- Recognizing patron update issues, setting up yearly calendars for due dates, adjusting any issues regarding bills, due dates, hold notices, etc.
- Oversees the security of both library users and library assets. Liaise with Campus Security and Gustavus Technology Services and train students to handle emergencies. This position is a mandatory Campus Security Authority and is required to undergo annual training and pass required tests.
- Administers the transfer of billing and crediting information to campus student accounts office. Oversees daily review and handling of user-related transaction data, including situations that require personal contact.
- Develops data sets, gathers and analyzes statistics and prepares annual reports for institutional use and for national statistical reporting.
- Regularly review and update operational manuals for student employees and cross training of library staff.
- Manages all reserve material, both digital media and print. Managing shelving, addition, and removal of the reserve items as necessary.
- Maintain a collection of 300,000 books, plus a large collection of media materials. Supervises inventory, restocking approximately 20,000 books/media annually, monitors the space needs of approximately 25,000 feet of bookshelves, and generates and analyzes data sets for asset maintenance. Makes analysis for shifting collections as necessary for the library needs and maintains contact with necessary weeding of collections with librarians.
- Advocate for the college's interest in cooperatives and consortia at the local, regional and national level.
- Updates knowledge and skills through participating in workshops, webinars, and other professional venues and by building and maintaining collegial relationships with library employees at peer institutions.
- Collaborates directly with all areas of the library establishing best practices for troubleshooting library database management issues, implementation, and queries. Engages in library planning and program development; contributes to internal committees; oversees budget priorities as determined by the committee's charge and library administration’s allotment.
- Coordinates summer employment and oversees a large proportion of the work completed during summer months, including making sure the Information desk is open at regular times and staffed for all open hours of the library.
- Assist with search committees and mentors new hires.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years working experience in an academic library.
- Must have excellent public service skills, strong technology skills; strong human relations and organizational skills; strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Ability to participate in a team-oriented collegial management environment, while demonstrating individual initiative and self-direction.
- Strong ability to train others in the use of specialized software and the capacity to manage complex technological tasks.
- Ability to write instructions and to correspond confidentially with faculty, administrators, and students on a regular basis.
- Must know how to hire, train, and evaluate student staff working in a variety of library settings.
- Must be able to show individual initiative and self-direction.
- Must be able to perform tasks requiring independent decision making, in addition to procedures or instructions provided.
- Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and manage large-scale projects.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and handle 30 pounds.
To apply for this position, please continue the process on our website, www.gustavus.edu/
- Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Position will remain open until filled; Applications received by October 14th will receive first consideration.
Michelle Twait | firstname.lastname@example.org | 507-933-7563